May 29, 2013

May 13, 2013

OK, this'll be an amazing-ish update, hope y'all enjoy.

Went to see Eugene Hensley, the "Jesus Rocks" guy to pick up my 10 Hillbilly Commandments only to find out that hes been really busy and it was put on back-order. He invited me to write it on the stone, and I did, here is the finished product. Don't forget to make it sound hick when you speak it, it makes it that much more enjoyable. It is a keepsake that will always remind me of the Redneck/Hillbilly area of Tennessee and Kentucky, I love it all ready.

Had a zone meeting nearly 2 hours away, (further south than the normal destination of McMinnville) thinking why in the world are we so far away. But glad we did, what a site. The Northcutts Cove Chapel was dedicated October 1909 (3 years BEFORE the Haley's Mill Chapel near Hop-town) by President Callis of the SE Mission. April 1979, the location was put on the National Register of Historic Places. Its a small and amazing building.

Participated in the latest miracle of the Nashville Mission. The town of Winchester went from a FHE Group of 25 to a newly activated branch of 150 strong in LESS THAN 6 MONTHS. The city held its annual Dogwood (its a tree in the area) Festival. The Branch made a booth there, in 2 days, they received 200 REFERRALS!!! With One senior couple stationed in Winchester, they could not do it alone. So us and 4 other missionaries left our areas to assist Winchester for 2 days. Each of us visited nearly 40 referrals, with only 10-15% answering back. Although the number of those we've visited are small, at least we've planted the seed, we can say we've succeeded in doing the work in Winchester. After the work in two days, we return back to Cookeville. (to Sister Riches' parents place where Zone Leaders apartment is and car) It was hard to fit 6 Elders in a Chevy Truck with 3 of them being OVER 6' 4" tall, (as well as the tallest in the entire mission) lets say I was the SHORTEST one, so I sat between Shotgun and Driver for the 2 1/2 hour to and from Winchester, reminds me of the Mazda pick up truck being crammed in the center seat all over again.

It was really great to have the Mothers Day conversation. However, now for some interesting news. Not 5 minutes after ending the Skype call, I receive news that I am being EMERGENCY TRANSFERRED OUT OF JAMESTOWN. With one week left in the transfer, its really weird. Jamestown is being replaced with Spanish Sisters, which is weird because Spanish are all ready in the zone, and only 4 Spanish people live in Jamestown. (that I know of) Both of us are being emergency transferred out. I'm heading to SPRING HILL TENNESSEE, (which was a previous area to my Pops Perron) but I'm ticked about leaving. We have only 36 hours to sleep, eat, email, pack, and be in Nashville by TUESDAY MORNING, that's a 2 hour drive from us right now. Talk about forcing me to do a quick farewell tour. This'll surprise everyone that we meet, unfortunately we cannot visit everyone.

Cant believe my only sisters graduatin' within the next month
Cant believe I've been out nearly a year

Well, next write will possibly be in SPRING HILL, I may only be there for one week, so who knows

Till next time
--
 
Elder Terre Kieffer Short
Tennessee Nashville Mission
Greatest Mission on Earth!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment