Feb 1, 2013

December 31, 2012

WOW, now I'm starting to understand what President McKee meant when he said that Christmas time is the best time to serve. This Christmas is one that I will never forget. Went to a members and had breakfast as well as Christmas with the family and extended family. Surprisingly us two missionaries had a few gifts under the tree. All were great, but I can't wait to wear the Univesity of Kentucky tie once it is received.

That's only the beginning of Christmas, then the skype call. OOHHH boy, that was something I was looking forward to for the last 2 weeks. It was great to see the family as well as an unexpected guest (thanks Jason). That is one Christmas gift that I am definitely looking forward to, next years Christmas skype.

That's all great stuff and I was excited for, the work in Russellville, unfortunately has somewhat stalled. Everyone the Sisters left notes for us to continue to cantact have either rufused phone calls, or not home. We have run out of options and do not know what else to do, but we are still giving it our all.

We as mission, received a late christmas present, which brought me to tears. We randomly received a voice mail from President. We listen to it, and he says Sister McKee has a few words to say... she spoke to motivate us as a mission to never give up and continue... I haven't heard her voice since the "accident" on November 20. She still has a long way to go to be recovered, but she is not giving up. the doctors said that she was "supposed" to be in a coma all her live and unable to move, now shes WALKING WITH A WALKER and TALKING, which the entire mission heard.

This "speed bump" has somewhat hit me to the core. Sister McKee is my "temporary mother" and I want to do anything and everything to keep her safe and healthy. I want to give her a huge hug next time I see her in person... but that may not happend and either be allowed.

I know that the Lord has been responsible for these small miracles, and more are ablout to come to pass. Thank you for the prayers in behalf of Sister McKee.

Something a missionary told me i wish to tell to yall, When in doubt, pray it out (also replace doubt with discouraged, unhappy, ect.)


-
Elder Terre K. Short
Tennessee Nashville Mission
Greatest Mission on Earth!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment