Dec 11, 2012

November 26, 2012

Well, another week has just ended. It recently came to my attention that I have been in my "greenie" area for just about 6 months, my "dad" or trainer was here for just over 7 months, wow, I might pass him, that's a scary thought.

Well, of course Thanksgiving was great. Ate the normal, just like I was at home, the secret I've learned so far, in order for you to fill full when eating, eat slow, well, that's what I've been doing for the last 15 years, no wonder I don't eat a lot and am a stick- ish ;)

Had another great lesson with the Carrols. Matt was the first baptism I had in the mission, the wife Melissa want it badly, but due to the stress at Walmart and around home, she smokes, and that's one strike, and Walmart essentially ignores the availability and forces her to work Sundays, strike two.

The lesson were in regard to loosing your life and letting the Lord's will take over. During the lessons, I used a talk that I made for the Elder Perkins visit, that I did not perform. Read Moroni 7:37 "it is by faith that miracles are wrought", I testified that faith is what is needed for anything. I call this verse the "Miracle on Ice", the movie depicts the 1980 US Hockey team beating the unbeatable Soviet Union for the gold medal. It all started with faith, that verse now makes sense. Afterwards I shared a quote by my wonderful cousin in Spokane "If I try to put my faith in me... I'm probably not going to do so hot... but when I put it in the Lord, he makes miracles happen." That quote seemed to resonate with Melissa and give her a new spark and desire to achieve the unbelievable, which is to find a new job, and quit smoking so she can be like her husband.

That talk I will never forget. Once it comes to the faith topic in the discussions, I will always say that one, the Spirit was definitely felt.

Now, the icing on the cake. Sunday, we finally confirmed Jenny Brown as a member of the church. She would have done it last week, but due to being almost 8 months pregnant, she didn't feel to good. That means the baptism and confirmation number 3 complete. Also found out, that I am going on an exchange and somewhat leaving Hoptown for the first time. I will actually get to go on Fort Campbell and teach members/ investigators this week. YEAH


-Elder Terre Short

No comments:

Post a Comment