Dec 21, 2012

December 17, 2012

Well, this week has definitely been an interesting one. Tuesday was transfers, my old companion is training in my birth area. The elder that he is training looks to be one of the new 18 year old, but I cannot tell. He is continuing the legacy where I left off at. Hope the best for him. Leaving Hopkinsville was really difficult for me. I felt like I was home, because it was my home. But I know it is for a reason that I got transferred and why I am here in Russelville, now I have to find out that reason.

Russelville is an interesting area. The area is in a branch. WOW what a shock. The church is smaller that the west valley building and even smaller than the ward house in Herriman. No cultural hall, basketball court, family history center. Just the main room with a sliding door and not even 10 classrooms. The branch should have about 100 active members, but Russelville has about 25 active, we have to fix that and work with the less actives to convince them to come back. It's possible though. The sister that just went home (Sister McCall from California) was here in Russellville for her last 6 month, and she was able to reactivate the Abney Family. Both of them were our rides from the transfer meeting, as well as he is currently the second counselor in the branch presidency. Now I hope a miracle will be done with us here.

Transfer meeting was really interesting. The Abney's were able to go do a final temple session with Sister McCall before she left home, so that meant our ride wasn't available until 6 p.m. when we should have been back in the area at that time. Well, 6 p.m. arrived and we finally got to our area at 9:30 p.m. Couldn't see a lot due to it being pitch dark, but at least we are in the area. Elder Corbridge is from Weston Idaho, just outside of Preston, and he is a little "trunkie". He has 3 months before he goes home, and he's looking forward to it. He may be the first missionary I'll "kill off" (missionary term for being last companion) Whitewashing is really interesting at this moment. We are really going through the records the sisters left for us so we can continue where they left off. Right now, nobody is responding or wanting us to continue, so it may be difficult, but we will keep on trying.

Met some member out here that lived near Homer Alaska for a while, showed them the Halibut photo, she flipped out. The biggest Halibut she caught was only 165 pounds, but when she saw the 300, she was shocked. Had fun conversations with them, Elder Corbridge has a farm near the area, so he connected with them more that I did.

BTW, our mail key isn't allowing us to access the mailbox, and the apartment manager hasn't responded to calls, so it may be awhile for me to send/ receive mail. I did receive the boxes with the sleepwear and stocking, thank you.


--

Elder Terre Short
Tennessee Nashville Mission
Greatest Mission on Earth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment