Aug 17, 2012

August 13, 2013

   Here it is August, we had a lesson with an investigator, this was a good one we finished reading the Restoration Pamphlet with him. We read where the Priesthood was restored back to the Earth by Christs Apostles. It made since to the investigator, he was first taught by missionaries 27 years ago and now he knows that the Priesthood is one of those differences that none of the other churches have. We are still working on having him attend church so he can be baptized. We have a few more families that are chugging along. We did commit someone for baptism yesterday that is two scheduled and waiting for the special day. We are excited.

   I would now like to bear my testimony to y'all. I'll admit it, my testimony was based on everyone else's. I haven't learned for myself the truth. Reading the Book of Mormon chapter by chapter and taking notes has helped. Reading Omni vs. 9, the brother witnesses his brother writing the words on the plates. A simple verse like that struck me and made it known that I do belong to the one true Church on the Earth. Even in 1 Nephi 1:3 tells the truth. Those verses have helped me out here to know the truth. So, I exhort y'all to think to yourselves, do I know this Church is true? I didn't know, I can say I know without a shadow of doubt that it is.

Sincerely,
Elder Terre Short
   

No comments:

Post a Comment