Jul 28, 2012

July 23, 2012

I am excited to be able to serve a mission. I am grateful for my family haritage, my grandpa Short and his family were born in England. His family were modern day immigrants and came from England to live in Salt Lake City. I don't know why Salt Lake, They could have stopped in New York, Boston, or New Jersey, but I believe they came to Salt Lake City because of there strong belief that the Salt Lake Valley was Zion. Same with the pioneer's in the 1840's. They knew not the why's of traveling from their old home's to settle in Zion. Once they settled they knew they did the right thing. I believe that is the same with my grandpa's family.

I have realized why I have been called. It has taken me about two months to figure it out, my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ through the Resored Gospel. I wish it would have "clicked" day one when I was in the MTC, but now, but now I am more confident in achieving my purpose.

I am grateful for my grandpa's family for making the trek from England to Salt Lake City. If they did not I don't think I would be serving and assisting the people of Tennessee and Kentucky to come closer to Christ. They are my role models and I am proud to wear their last name (Short) when preaching to them about the gospel and sacrifices. I know that with God all things are possible. (Mark 10:27) That is one reason why my favorite scripture is Isaiah 41:10 which reads “Fear not, for I am with thee”. I know that to be true. The pioneers and maybe my family had a little fear that they would not make it to their destination, but they kept going, and succeeded. So if I keep going the same result will come to pass.

We have had a lot of wild thunderstorms here, and doing fine. The other day I got my first flat tire on my bike, shortly after fixing it I gracefully fell off and came face to face with the asphalt. It hurt a little but I got right back on the bike and pedaled on.

Sincerely,
Elder Terre Short

No comments:

Post a Comment