Aug 28, 2012

August 27, 2012


Last week was enjoyable and not-so-much. The not-so-much, somehow I got a really bad cough. It is bad enough that when I try to say something, the cough prevents me from talking. This has been going on for the last week or so, and this is just me, my companion had a sinus infection, so we didn’t do anything on Tuesday, just stayed in the apartment and studied or went to bed early. 


Our apartment is known as the Taj Mahal. It is the best apartment in the mission by far (according to the other missionaries), the bad news, THE AC IS BROKEN. And it will be broken till at most this Friday. If it is fixed then, the amount of time we will last with NO AC is 12 DAYS, that’s a miracle. (I hope it is fixed soon)


Now for some good news. Monday (August 20), we went to the Jefferson Davis Monument for P-Day. It is about 1/3 the size of the Washington Monument, but the Jefferson Davis is built on a limestone foundation, while the other is on a sandy foundation. Remember; "The wise man built his house upon the sand...and it washed away" hahaha 


On Thursday, (August 23) we went to a trainer/trainee meeting in Nashville. We did an activity that I will never forget. President McKee had all of us stand close together in lines of three, while one person (everyone eventually did, just one at a time) was held up by everyone else from start to finish. One fairly new Hermana (Sister) could not have been 5' 0", but she still tried to support everyone in case you fell, luckily nobody did. The application could be that the person on top is you, and everyone underneath is Christ. He is always there to support you no matter what. That activity was the highlight of the meeting, then eating at Cracker Barrell for dinner...yum, that’s good stuff.  


There was a baptism on Saturday, but for the Bishop's second oldest/middle daughter. During the program, 3 primary children (including one that was baptized) sang my favorite primary song of all time: I’M TRYING TO BE LIKE JESUS. I remember when I was in primary (wow, that is a long time ago) we learned this song in American Sign Language. Now I only remember parts of it, slowly parts of it are coming back, but it is still my favorite primary song. With me on the mission, I’m Trying To Be Like Jesus is a perfect motto. That is missionary work PERIOD--I'M TRYING TO BE LIKE JESUS 


Keep it cool y'all (I'm sweating buckets)

Elder Terre K. Short

No comments:

Post a Comment