Oct 7, 2012

September 26, 2012

September 26, 2012

Hello again,

As an entire missionary zone (20 plus missionaries) we all went and did a session at the NASHVILLE TEMPLE!!! I've been by it, and judging by its size, inside and out, I think it's smaller that the Oquirrh Mountain - and I thought the Oquirrh Mountain was the smallest, I guess not. The celestial room is was small. I have always thought to myself that the celestial room is in the center of the temple (not in this case) or directly underneath the spire where Moroni is - my thinking is, something has to balance / keep the weight of Moroni stable so it won't crash down. The Nashville Temples's celestial room is the furthest south part, where the spire is 50 feet north of where the chandiler is, huh, I guess not.

I have not noticed it yet, (maybe not in other temples) but the walls of the celestial room had miniature versions of the chandiler as lights on the wall, in my opinion, that sealed the deal in how the room looked. Another honest opinion, I still would have the chandiler in the Jordan River Temple in my house rather than the Nashville one, but I could use the mini chandilers in hallways, that would be cool.

Now I have officially been through the Draper, Oquirrh Mountain (Open Houses), Mesa, Jordan River, Salt Lake, Provo, and now the Nashville. I can't wait to be finished with the mission so I can do the ones on my bucket list. I have a feeling that the list might grow.

Keep the letters and mail commin'

Elder Terre Short

No comments:

Post a Comment