Jul 5, 2012

Let The Adventure Begin...

   June 25, 2012Well I am now in Tennessee, on the plane there they said it was 97 degrees, it feels hotter than that here. When we landed we met President and Sister McKee and there two youngest daughters. After that we mingled, then we packed up and headed to the mission office, then the "Mission Home". It has been the Nashville mission home for almost 70 years. 


   The first District meeting was the next day in the stake center next to the Nashville Temple, that's where I found out who my trainer is and my first area.The first area I am called to serve in is Hopkinsville, Kentucky (just across the Tennessee boarder). Elder Perron is my trainer. Come to find out; he has been out for 15 months and I am his 4th trainee, cool.


    For lunch we went to Sonic; its sweet because the MTC secretary owns half of them, so we get 1/2 off discount, Boo- Yeah!! :)After we had our lunch we went preaching. There are so many churches out here: Baptist 1 and 2, Chinese Baptist, Korean Baptist. Every time I see a steeple, I think that's our building, nope :( . There is only one LDS building in Hopkinsville, and it's the stake center. We've got lots of work to do.


   My companion is Elder Perron he is from Twin Falls, Idaho. Here in Hopkinsville, Kentucky every one calls it Hop- Town. Even the citizens call it that, no idea why they do but it sounds cool.


   The first Sunday in the field was quite different than what I am used to. The ward had less than 100 people; there were a few babies crying (1-2) but all in all, it was an enjoyable day. After the meeting, we visited an investigator; we talked with him and were able to commit him to baptism. I've only been out in the mission field for 6 days! WOW! At the end of the day we called President and Sister McKee, they always like to know if someone is wanting to be baptized ASAP. When we told them they screamed. I am so pumped to do it again. I'll try again tomorrow.


Loving the work,
       Elder Terre Short

No comments:

Post a Comment